The sixteenth century town of Uzès, strategically situated near several world heritage and renowned sites (the Camargue, the Pont du Gard, the Cévennes), is an ideal base for a vacation whether you are looking for cultural stimulation or an opportunity to practice your favourite sport.
Uzès itself is a picturesque town with many restored historical buildings and architecture that reflects several periods of the history of France. The beautiful “Place aux Herbes” is the site of a Wednesday produce growers market and a Saturday general market. If you prefer, there are also several local supermarkets.
- Hiking (numerous marked and prepared trails)
- Cycling (bike rentals 300 m from our door)
- Hot air ballooning
- Horseback riding
- Climbing (eg. on the Seynes cliffs on Mount Bouquet)
- Canoeing (eg: in the Gardon river gorge)
- River and Mediterranean beaches
Cultural and historical sites to see
- the Saint-Théodorit cathedral and the Fenestrelle tower (a circular bell tower similar to an Italian-style campanile)
- the Racine Pavilion
- The Medieval garden
- Place aux Herbes
- The Duke’s castle
In the region
- the Pont du Gard
- villages like Castillon du Gard, Saint-Siffret, Saint-Quentin-la Poterie …
- the famous bamboo forest and park in Anduze
- Nimes with its numerous monuments from Roman empire times.
- Avignon with its famous Papal palace